Everyone has the right to activities that makes you happy, gives you energy and where you can be with each other. Basic social rights such as dancing, social interaction, dating, playing sports, and enjoying art galleries are unfortunately not yet self-evident for people with disabilities.
The Special Social Club is on a mission to lower the barriers in terms of going out, sports and being with others. We organise inclusive going out parties, festivals, sports events and art & culture events. Currently, more than 2.000 people are reached and the inclusive activities are organised in Utrecht, Amsterdam and Rotterdam.
• SSC going out parties at local hotspots. We create a fun and safe environment where we connect people with disabilities and people without disabilities to party together! Every six weeks we organise a party in three large cities.
• Our DJ-team DJ Bobo and MC Perez perform at events such as Heineken-employee festival, Amsterdam Dance Event and Cinetree Film Festival.
• Sports Festival at Nike Campus
• Sports clinics in Amsterdam and Utrecht
• Participating in the Amsterdam Marathon, Rotterdam Marathon and Utrecht Singelloop. Herewith, we show that everyone can participate in such large events and that a disability does not have to limit you!
• Exhibition JOY is inspired by various experiences of happiness and created by different artists with a special story. With this exhibition, we create an environment where people look at your talents instead of your limitations.
• An election debate to inform and motivate people with disabilities to vote in last March's municipal elections. Moreover, we engaged with parties to talk about accessibility.
• We organise Paralympic sports clinics as team outings for businesses.
• At the 'Special Social Friends Club' we keep businesses and private donors engaged.
• We give presentations about accessibility in the nightlife scene.
300 people have experienced playing sports in a wheelchair.
Exhibition JOY is a diversity of euphoric experiences. JOY takes you into the wonderful world of artists, these are artists with a special story. You will see their pure personality through different perspectives. You will be taken into the JOY of colours, scents and materials. Let those happy, positive emotions flow.
Everyone is welcome. With tactile art, good audio and art at different heights, the expo is accessible to everyone. In short: a total experience where you will have a special experience with different senses!
Exhibition JOY is a pop-up exhibition at The New Institute in Rotterdam, from 01/11/2022 to 21/11/2022. Come and experience JOY!
Are you curious about the most fun and inclusive events? Come and join our party. Should you like it so much, which can’t be helped, you can become a volunteer of the Special Social Club and participate in the events more often without any obligation.